Monday, December 20, 2010

Going Cow

Ok so I am not completely finished with this book but you know what I have seen of it so far is pretty... interesting. It's this book about this sixteen year old kid who like completely bugs out all the time and is pretty messed up cause he is always smokin' dope and stuff like that. So he starts to get these like freaky visions of fire giants and and a lot of other things and he seems to be going insane. And as it turns out he has mad cow disease!
So I looked it up and it turns out that bovine means of,relating to, or somehow affecting cattle. This is just my opinion but I think that is kind of a twisted tittle. Basically the author is saying "Going Cow" as her tittle. I mean that is pretty smart but it sort of seems obnoxious at the at the same time. I mean I'm not going to be all like oh this is so like important and stuff because it is just the tittle, but at the same time I sort of feel like it is actually pretty meaningful because it makes up the whole book, and I have read very few books that actually sum up the book in the tittle. I mean there are other aspects of course but it i still pretty accurate. Most books are just like one word saying a vague part of the book.
So yeah I still have a bit more to read but the book so far is pretty inspiring. Like the whole tittle thing is a really good thing to take away from this book when reading it. The idea of the concept that a book is made up of its parts, you would never really think about the tittle being most important. This book makes me think that Libba Bray actually put some thought into her tittle and that is something that everyone could work on as writers.

No comments:

Post a Comment