Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Romague and Montalet

So in this blog post, I am going to write about Rome and Juliet. The movie. The modern one with Leonardo DiCaprio. Yeah you get the point. So I think that this movie is really good, I just can't understand why they made it all modern with guns and stuff. It's like if it was made in the sixteen hundreds, keep it there. Make it look like it took place a long time ago. It annoyed me that you could see a coke billboard in the background and you had all these people not talking in pros. Its like the people of Verona were stuck in a time bubble. Time just sort of stopped when Shakespeare died. Oh that was deep.
But it just sort of seemed like it was annoying to see cars when you see Romeo talking like Shakespeare. Maybe that's just me, but it pissed me off. Another thing that I observed was I saw a lot of violence on the Capulet's side of the family. I made that inference because I always saw the Capulet boys looking for trouble, and Tybles was at the head. Whereas the Montague's are usually trying to avoid something. I think that Shakespeare is showing that one family wants all the power and the other is fine with the way things are.
Altogether, this is an impressive movie. It is well directed, and I'm sure some people love the fact that it is set in a modern society. For some people I'm sure that its the best part. But the acting was great even though in the movie, Juliet seemed to be a little out of it. And did Chris Rock play Mercutio, it kind of seemed like it.

1 comment:

  1. Jack, can you use a smaller font? It is kind of hard to follow. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete