Sunday, April 10, 2011

City of Dreaming Books

Though I am not quite finished with this book, it is still fun to write a blogpost about. So this is a first that I've read from Walter Morris's collection, and so far I'm enjoying it. In a way it sort of reminds me as a roller coaster that has yet to be finished. That said it works in two contexts. The actual story where the reader is interested in the book, is very bumpy. I think one of the books few flaws so far is that at some points it isn't just very interesting.
I would say that the majority of the beginning of the book is quite boring. That is all to say on the type of reader you are. I personally am the type of reader who is seeking captivating contents from beginning to end. And what may be boring for me, might be interesting for someone else.
As for the rest of the book, it sort of smoothes out on a high note. The concept of the City of Dreaming Books is very outgoing and very unique. I mean the main character is a high class dinosaur who reads a lot of books! I know that sounds pretty silly but you have to read the book to really comprehend it. At some points it is a very emotional book as well, it sort of seems that everything he touches tumbles down metaphorically speaking. I would definitely recommend it.
Well I guess it's time to wrap this up, but seriously you gottsta read this book. Just sort of skim past the first bit and you'll be on a fantastical adventure. Remember kids, it's called constructive criticism so don't hate.

No comments:

Post a Comment